Monday, May 9, 2011

so yeah...

It's been like two weeks since I've posted. Oops.

What do I do? I pay all this money to make my blog look cute, actually tell people I know that I have a blog, and then I go and never post anything. Am I that surprised? Ummm no. I need to get better at this. It's on my "to-do" list :) Along with making a dentist appointment, orthodontist appointment (reasoning for this one will come later), and a hair appointment (BADLY)...

The past two weeks have been super busy. I got home from my second trip down to Norfolk to visit the hubby yesterday. Tex has done so well on these road trips! I was thoroughly impressed/surprised. He sleeps most of the time in the car. Let me rephrase. He sleeps whenever he's not too busy sticking his head out the window and taking in all the beautiful smells of the open road. I swear, seeing his lips flapping in the wind puts a smile to my face every time. You cannot be in a bad mood with that view (even if you are sitting in I-95 traffic!)


But yes, the two weekends we got to go see "Dad" were amazing. Exhausting! But amazing. Brandon is doing really well right now! He's leading the team in just about every category on the stats board. Fingers crossed he can keep this up! It was nice to see two of my old baseball girls at the games, too. Most of my girlfriend's husbands/boyfriends/etc. have either been traded or called up to the big leagues by now- but a few of us still remain in good old Norfolk! Brandon and I went out to dinner one night our first trip down with his new buddy and his girlfriend. It was so much fun! We had great conversations and she, Angie, is going through a similar situation as I am with the whole 'living alone with a puppy' deal. It was very refreshing to be able to relate so someone else who is experiencing some of the same life challenges as you are. It makes you feel like you aren't crazy! And I know we an all use a little bit of that every once in awhile. You feelin' me?

One big change going on in our household these days has to do with my little monster, Tex. The last straw was my retainer. Yes, I still wear a retainer. He ate it the day we came back from our first Norfolk trip. While I am still extremely bitter about him destroying of a couple hundred dollars worth of mouth accessories, I am more worried about him really hurting himself. He can definitely die from eating something like this. SO... Brandon and I decided we needed to start crating him. I know what you're thinking....DUH! I know, I know... but it was definitely hard for me to come to this realization. We gave him too much credit for being such a good puppy that we thought he would be fine on his own during the day. Well... we thought wrong! It's okay though because Tex gets a half an hour of play time every day with his favorite dog walkers. We've been doing this for over a week now and he seems to be adjusting just fine! Not to mention my house is SOOOO much cleaner... I was telling Brandon before I felt like Tex ruled the house. Everything I did I had to keep in mind that he might destroy it if it was in reach of his mouth or his paws (or even if it wasn't... somehow he got that darn retainer...)

Speaking of the house, I have also been doing a ton of work/additions/rearranging lately... I will make sure to post some pictures soon.

Well, my apologies for the long post -- I promise I will get better at my updates!
That's all for now... I bid you farewell with one of my favorite pictures from the last two weeks. They are so happy to see each other!



Night y'allllllll

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock images from Dreamstime.com