Monday, February 27, 2012

mom car

It was extremely fitting that Brandon found out the transmission on our truck was on its way out the day before we left for Spring Training. We got the good news around lunchtime after he picked up his truck from having some maintenance work done. B explained to the mechanic that his wife (me!) was going to drive the truck down to Texas at the end of next month so we needed to make sure everything was up to par. Up to par it was NOT... major fail. They told him that the truck could "probably make it down to Texas" but then we'd need a new transmission. Probably??? I can just see Tex and I lounging on the side of the road in somewhere in Arkansas trying to hitch a ride from a trucker. Nooo thank ya.

So upon hearing of this wonderful new development, my husband drove from the Ford dealership where the truck was being worked straight to the Chevy dealership and bought a brand new Suburban. Oh yeah you heard me. A Suburban. Fully loaded with all the bells and whistles including 2 (because 1 is never enough!) TVs in the back, nav, heated steering wheel, I mean I didn't even know they made Chevy's this sick. Not to mention this thing seats like 7 people. Last time I checked there were 2 1/2 of us.

Anyways, today was the first day I drove to work in my new mom car. I am calling it my mom car even though the only child I have eats from a tin bowl on the floor and is covered in light blonde fur. It's actually my pimped out mom car. Black on black, tints, the whole shebang. I could totally pass for an official government employee in this baby. So far so good on making it to and from work in one piece driving this huge thing.

Now all I need are some kids to fill up this mom car!

Don't worry... we are in no rush :) Look at this beauty. And when you take out the back seat we've got a ton of room to fit all our stuff for the season. The only thing I still need to work on is parking. For now, I choose to walk really far from my car to wherever I may be going. I could use the extra exercise anyways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock images from Dreamstime.com