Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hello weekend, I've missed you.

Happy Saturday!

It feels like forever since I have been home on a Saturday. The last two were spent in Arizona, and the one before that... well it's still early so my brain can't remember that far back right now.

Tex allowed me to sleep in until 8 this morning (he usually starts gets hungry for breakfast starting around 6am) so that was a bonus. Since I was already up and the house was clean I decided to hit the gym (something I really need to start doing more of). I always give myself a little pep talk before I go to the gym. Am I the only person who does this? Humor me...

I have trouble "fitting in" at the gym, I always have ever since I started going in college. Maybe because I am not very athletic and I feel like they can tell. Who are "they"? You know, those everyday gym people who walk around like they own the place. Oh how I wish I had their confidence! But sadly... I am uncoordinated and extremely unfamiliar with just about every aspect of the gym. I usually stay glued to the cardio section for the post part, then mosey on over the the aerobics section so I can do abs shoved in the corner of the room so no one can see me. Anyways, my usual pep talked worked a little today. I told myself, "Lindsey, you can do this. You can walk over the weights section to do squats. No one will even notice you. You will totally blend in. You will totally look like you know exactly what you're doing. Everything will be fine. You know you want your hammys to look good since you probably are wearing a dress tonight." Or at least something like that. I quickly did my squats and got out of there! Mission accomplished. B would be so proud because he was the one who taught me to do these certain type of squats where you actually sit when you go down before you rise back up. IT BURNS!! But it feels good. I have a little swagger in my step right now when I walk. Not due to coolness of course but rather soreness. Hey, at least I did it! Boom.

Tonight I am going to an engagement party for one of my friends I went to high school with. I am so excited to see my girlfriends! Plus I am getting a ride to and back which means I will be consuming some wine and feeling good in my dress and nicely toned (a girl can dream) hamstrings.

Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs using stock images from Dreamstime.com